As a 17 year veteran of this industry, I have seen my fair share of ups and downs. This market is easily as frustrating as 2008, just in a very different way. And it has changed EVERYTHING about how listing agents do business!
As a listing agent in this market, there are some things I really want buyers to know!
1) I am no longer holding open houses trying to meet you. Typically if I am holding an open house, it is to funnel the traffic in a home into a reasonable timeframe. My sellers would rather be able to limit showings to a certain window than have 16 hours of showings in a day.
2) If you call my sign, expect to hear that the home is under contract.
3) If you happen to catch the home on the first day and want to make an offer, I absolutely want to know that you already have a Realtor that you are working with. By the time my listing is on the market, it is already too late for you to contact a lender and get a pre-approval letter.
4) The name of the game today is preparedness! Make sure you have a pre-approval (not just a pre-qualification.) I need to know that the lender has pulled your credit and reviewed your assets.
5) Make sure that your agent is experienced! This one is KEY! If I am receiving 15 offers on a property, one of the first disqualifiers for your offer is whether or not your agent has submitted a poorly written contract. If it is clear that they do not understand the contract, then they don't understand the process or the market. And in THIS market, there are no second chances! This is not the market to "help out a friend who just got their license".
I know this market is EXTEREMLY tough on buyers, and agents don't like it either. However, we are all in this together and this too shall pass! In the meantime, make sure that you are dealing with an experienced agent and getting the best advice possible!
Author:Lesley Vitel Phone: 904-534-8052 Dated: April 6th 2021 Views: 101 About Lesley: Lesley's career in real estate officially began in 2005 when she partnered with her mother Lynn (A v...
Lesley Vitel has been serving the needs of both home buyers and sellers in Florida for well over a decade. During this time, she has acquired the crucial skills necessary to guide anyone through the process of finding the home of their dreams or getting out of one that is no longer meeting their needs.
This tech "savvyness" is just a sample of the knowledge and assistance they are capable of providing you as a client.
Lesley is very familiar with the area. She is able to take into consideration the neighborhoods, schools, crime rates and local market conditions during the process of finding the right home for you. All too often, people move into a beautiful home that is in the wrong location, and Lesley will use her skills and experience to make sure that does not happen to you.
This professional understands the value of consistent communication. Many real estate agencies fail to return important phone calls or give valuable that clients need to know. Lesley understands that you have expectations and are embarking on a life changing journey, and she strives to make herself and her staff readily available to answer questions and keep you properly updated throughout the entire process.
Online marketing is crucial in the age we live in, and most home buyers search online first for the home of their dreams. Buyers and sellers alike will be pleased with the capabilities Lesley Vitel makes available online.
If you are in the market for anything from traditional condos and single family home sales to short-sales, foreclosures and auctions, then you have found the right place to take care of your needs. Lesley and the rest of her staff are continually sharpening their real estate skills and would be pleased to share their knowledge with you.
This adorable, single story (no one above or below) low-maintenance Be
"Lynn and Lesley are the team you want. Their professionalism and expertise are second to none. Ok so now that I have said what every testimonial says, here is the more heartfelt version. They are amazing. This is a difficult market that changes from month to month if not more often. In the last year, the rules and complexities of buying and selling have changed repeatedly. This is not the market of your mother and father. Fannie Mae/Freddie Mack REO’s and short sales now dominate the market. It is no easy task to keep up. Who own the house in the case of a short sale? Do you know how long a short sale takes? Do you know if you need a refrigerator to close an FHA loan? You would be foolish to attempt to buy a short sale or foreclosure property without Lynn and Lesley’s knowledge of the market. And by the way, buying new construction is no less complicated. As with so many things in life, being a good agent is an art form. Some people ‘get it’ and others don’t. Buyer’s remorse is the last thing you want. They will listen to you even when you don’t know what you are saying. Their ability to get the job is unparalleled. So what are you waiting for, your new home isn’t. Call them!"